Pages

Monday, February 3, 2020

14 Bible Verses About Freedom Of Choice...

There are many verses in the Bible about freedom of choice, and you'll find them both in the Old Testament and in the New Testament. God has given us free will, and He wants us to choose to follow Him and all his commandments. This is not always easy to do, but it's something we should be striving to do every single day. Here are 14 verses that may help drive this point home.

Bible Verses About Freedom Of Choice...

 

Joshua 24:15


"And if it seem evil unto you to serve the Lord, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord."

free will bible verses

James 4:7


"Submit yourselves therefore to God, Resist the devil, and he will flee from you."

Isaiah 65:12


"Therefore will I number you to the sword, and ye shall all bow down to the slaughter: because when I called, ye did not answer; when I spake, ye did not hear; but did evil  before mine eyes, and did choose that wherein I delighted not."

Matthew 5:48


"Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect."

Deuteronomy 11:26-28


"Behold, I set before you this day a blessing and a curse; A blessing, if ye obey the commandments of the Lord your God, which I command you this day: And a curse, if ye will not obey the commandments of the Lord your God, but turn aside out of the way which I command you this day, to go after other gods, which ye have not known."

1 Timothy 2:3-4


"For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth."

John 14:15


"If ye love me, keep my commandments."

Proverbs 3:31


"Envy thou not the oppressor, and choose none of his ways."

Matthew 26:39


"And he went a little farther, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt."

2 Timothy 2:26


"And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will."

John 3:16


"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whatsoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

Revelation 3:20


"Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me."

Galatians 5:1


"Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage."

bible verses about free will vs predestination

Mark 8:34


"And when he had called the people unto him with his disciples also, he said unto them, Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

In The End...


I hope that these verses were able to help you understand that God wants you to freely choose to follow Him. You definitely have the choice, and God wants you to make the right choice. If you'd like to check out more Bible verses about free will I recommend you click here. I hope this helps you and God Bless You!

No comments:

Post a Comment