Pages

Tuesday, February 4, 2020

12 Bible Verses Describing God...

What is God actually like? That's a question that a lot of people have asked throughout the ages. Of Course, there is a lot that we don't know when it comes to understanding God, but there are things that have been made clear within the scriptures. For example, we know that God is One God made up of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. We also know that God is eternal and that He created us and loves us. So with that in mind, here are 12 Bible verses that describe what God is like.

Bible Verses Describing God...

 

Exodus 3:13-14


"And Moses said unto God, Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, what is his name? what shall I say unto them? And God Said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you."

god's description of himself in the bible

John 1:1


"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."

John 3:16-17


"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved."

Psalm 23:1-3


"The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake."

1 John 1:5


"This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all."

Psalm 50:6


"And the heavens shall declare his righteousness: for God is judge himself. Selah."

John 14:6


"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father but by me."

Deuteronomy 6:4-5


"Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord: And thou shalt love the Lord thy Go with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might."

1 Corinthians 10:13


"There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it."

Genesis 1:1


"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth."

Revelation 22:13


"I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last."

what does god say about himself in the bible

Matthew 28:19


"Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost."


In The End...


So there you have it, God is the Father, the Son (Jesus Christ), and the Holy Spirit. He loves us so much, that he sacrificed himself for us, and He created everything. I hope this helped you understand a little bit more about the one true God, and if you'd like to find more verses that describe God, I recommend you click this link for a much larger list. God Bless You!

No comments:

Post a Comment